Restore the fountain of youth that is naturally in your skin. Through cutting-edge stem cell technology, the Essence Product Line gives your skin the incredible power to rejuvenate and restore its youthful look.
Skin, the largest organ of the body is the first body part to show age. Skin is the mirror of our body, reflecting whether we are healthy or not. Aging is an unavoidable condition and is more evident on the face and hands, due to the fact that these are the parts of the body that are exposed to free radicals, sunlight, pollution and smoking.
The skin concerns for aging/mature skins are:
• Thinning and wrinkling of the skin – This occurs as the rate of cell production in the basal cell layer of the epidermis slows down.
• Sagging/Lack of skin laxity – This occurs as the rate of elastin (elastic fibers for suppleness) and collagen (dense fibers for strength) production by the fibroblasts slows down and since skin yields to the forces of gravity, sagging occurs.
• Age spots- Melanocytes (pigment cells) tend to increase melanin production in certain areas such as, face and hands, areas that are constantly exposed to sunlight.
• Dryness – As the skin matures there are fewer active sweat and sebaceous glands. Thus, less sebum is produced making the skin more prone to dryness.
• Broken blood vessels – In mature skins the blood vessels are more likely to break, bruise and become permanently widened.